Klamath Falls Vacations
(A Southern Oregon Vacation)
If you love the outdoors, the list of Klamath Falls vacations are almost endless ...
When we first moved to Klamath Falls, Oregon, we didn't know much about all the great vacation opportunities that are in this area. Now that we have lived here for many years we have made several discoveries and want to share them with you - our Klamath Falls vacations!
We are transplanted Texans. We couldn't believe our new home was in such a beautiful part of Oregon. We set out to discover the hidden treasures that surrounded us. As a result, we have been "Oregon-ized"!
With the Cascade Mountains to our west, the natural beauty of Crater Lake to our north, the Lava Beds National Monument to the south, and camping opportunities in all directions - the hardest part was deciding where to start.
We went camping.
We went on a day trip to Crater Lake National Park.
We went on a picnic and went hiking at the Umpqua River waterfalls.
We went cave exploring at the Lava Beds National Monument.
We went canoeing on many of the lakes and rivers.
We went hiking to the top of Mt. McLoughlin. (I almost didn't make it!)
In the winter we went inter-tubing down "suicide hill". We tried cross-country skiing and found out that some people are better at this sport than others.
We played golf at several of the local courses where on just about every hole you have a beautiful view of a mountain or a lake.
We also went Christmas tree hunting, went swimming in a geothermically-heated pool, and went on many walks to see the beautiful fall colors.
We often enjoy watching the variety of birds that frequent this area - a bald eagle soaring high, a flock of pelicans riding the thermals or gliding quietly just above the water, the migratory birds as they fly north and south, or watching the man-made birds (F-15s) at Kingsley Field.
And there are still more things to do that we haven't discovered ... yet!
While attending a seminar a few years ago the instructor asked the class "If you could describe the perfect place to live, what would be the characteristics of that place?" The answers came quickly - "little or no traffic", "beautiful scenery", "clean air", "small population", "shopping", "things to do", "hunting and fishing", "outdoor activities", ... When the list was concluded I raised my
hand and said, "I already live there!"
To subscribe to our electronic newsletter, The Klamath Vacationer, please enter your email address
and your first name below.
We'll be adding more pages soon. We'll be filling in the details on
some of the adventures we've already mentioned and telling about new ones.
So, follow us and let's get started discovering your Klamath Falls vacations ...
Have a great story about Crater Lake, the Lava Beds, a fishing trip, a restaurant review - Your Klamath Falls Vacations? Share your story by clicking here!
- The Klamath Vacations Blog
- The Klamath Vacations Blog keeps you up-to-date with all the additions and changes to the klamath-vacations.com website. Subscribe here.
- Crater Lake National Park
- Enjoy the awe-inspiring views of Crater Lake. Go for a scenic drive, stay at the lodge, take a boat tour, or hike to your favorite viewing spot...
- Crater Lake Lodge and Dining
- A stay at the Crater Lake Lodge was one of the top 5 things to do on the bucket list for my wife. We enjoyed the wonderful views (especially from our bedroom window).
- Lava Beds National Monument on a Klamath Vacation
- The Lava Beds National Monument is a great location for cave exploring, hiking, or sightseeing. The caves at the monument are divided into two categories of difficulty ...
- Klamath Basin Birding Guide
- This Klamath Basin birding guide shows you some of the best spots to see a diverse number of species of birds. The Klamath Basin is a major stop for migratory birds along the Pacific ...
- Klamath News & Events
- This page details some of the Klamath News and Events that make up this unique region. Some of the events include the KBRA and the dam removals, the Kruise of Klamath, the Chemult Dog Sled Races, and
- Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway - Oregon
- The Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway in Oregon captures the beauty and panoramic splendor of a Klamath vacation. The Byway starts at ...
- Umpqua River Waterfalls
- The Umpqua River Waterfalls are an easy day trip from Klamath Falls, Oregon. The 4 closest waterfalls are Clearwater Falls, Whitehorse Falls, Watson Falls,...
- Umpqua Waterfalls Photos
- These Umpqua Waterfalls Photos show the beauty of the Umpqua River. These four waterfalls are located north of Diamond Lake. The four waterfalls are Clearwater Falls, Whitehorse Falls, Watson Falls,
- Southern Oregon Golf Course On A Klamath Vacation
- When you play on a Southern Oregon Golf Course you will play on some of most beautiful holes in Oregon. On just about every hole you have a panoramic view of a mountain or a lake.
- Klamath Falls Attractions on a Klamath Vacation
- Klamath Falls Attractions in Klamath Falls, Oregon, include golf, sightseeing, restaurants and dining, swimming all year round, hiking, museums, nature trails, fishing, and many more ...
- Klamath Falls Restaurants On a Klamath Vacation
- An eating guide to some of our favorite Klamath Falls restaurants and surrounding areas on a Klamath vacation. Plus, we include some unique and unusual locations ...
- Klamath Falls Lodging
- Here is your guide to Klamath Falls lodging. Choose to stay in an historic B&B, at a cattle ranch, at the Running Y Lodge, at Crater Lake Lodge, or at one of the many hotels and ...
- Klamath Falls Midge
- Little is known about the origin of the Klamath Falls Midge. The swarms of midges begins in early July and continues through most of September. This mouthless insect does not bite but it is a const
- RV Camping On a Klamath Vacation
- RV Camping opportunities abound in Northern California and Southern Oregon. Find an RV campground or RV park for your favorite camping spot ...
- Klamath Photos on A Klamath Vacation
- Klamath photos capture the beauty of the Cascades, the deep blue of Crater Lake National Park, the sprawling high desert area of Southern Oregon and Northern California ...
- Southern Oregon Hiking On A Klamath Vacation
- Many Southern Oregon hiking experiences can be yours by hiking Mt. McLoughlin, hiking in the Mountain Lakes Wilderness area, or hiking in the Mountain Lakes Wilderness area.
- Mt. McLoughlin Hiking On a Klamath Vacation
- A Mt. McLoughlin hiking experience was more than a mountain top experience for me - it was the culmination of a goal I set for myself. We set out on our adventure in ...
- Klamath Water Crisis in the Klamath Basin
- Since 2001 when water was cut off to the farmers of the Klamath Basin, the Klamath water crisis has gotten worse. From the bucket brigade at the A Canal to signing of the KBRA ...
- Klamath Fishing on a Klamath Vacation
- Klamath fishing opportunities provide a fisherman's paradise for catching redband trout, rainbow trout, lake trout, kokanee salmon, and ...
- Klamath Travel to a Klamath Vacation
- A Klamath Travel guide to help you get to Klamath Falls by road, by air, or by train. No matter how you get here, just get here! You'll discover the scenic beauty and ...
- Klamath Travel Resources
- Klamath Travel Resources provide links to other travel destinations around the world. Explore the world through these links and discover the exciting adventures that are available.
- Your Stories on a Klamath Vacation
- Share your stories about your adventures on a Klamath Vacation in Southern Oregon and Northern California.
- Klamath Falls Weather on a Klamath Vacation
- Klamath Falls, Oregon, is known as the City of Sunshine and we receive over 300 days of sunshine per year. Klamath Falls weather is very unpredictable ...
- Klamath Store at Klamath Vacations
- Shop at the Klamath Store for items about Klamath Falls, Crater Lake, and the Klamath Basin.
- Advertise With Us At Klamath Vacations
- You can advertise with us in 3 ways. First, display a picture of your business with text. Second, create your own web page about your business. And third, ...
- About Us and Klamath Vacations
- Oregon is now our home and we’re glad it is! We live in Klamath Falls and love to write about this area. So here's a little info about us and our Klamath Vacations.
- Contact Us at Klamath Vacations
- Contact us at Klamath Vacations. Ask a question or make a comment. We want to hear from you and find all about your Klamath vacations. If you ...
- Contribute to Klamath Falls Vacations
- Would you like to share your knowledge about klamath falls vacations? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.